The MacValley blog

 

Welcome to the MacValley blog, your first stop for all the latest MacValley news and views.

 

Tom Briant

The MacValley blog

Editor: Tom Briant

 

Click here to email Tom

Click here for Tom's profile

 

 

To search the blog posts please use the box below

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Editor admits he made a mistake-Fast Commander Will display network volumes

Good morning on this toasty day in the Western San Fernando Valley of California.

You may recall one of my criticisms of Fast Commander 1.1 was that it would not show networked volumes. I was wrong. It Will Display Networked Drives.

To make sure they do display, hit Control + F in Fast Commander to bring up Finder. Make sure the desired drive is visible in the Finder, then it will be visible in Fast Commander

PastedGraphic-2013-09-1-08-52.png

This is the C:\ drive on my Windows XP machine.

You view your connected drives through the drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of each pane.

PastedGraphic1-2013-09-1-08-52.png

 

This displays my Windows XP volume and a NAS box on the floor. (/Users). You should also note the bar display showing Tom_XP_Computer’s use of its 500 Gb drive displaying the free space.

Mr. Zagawa and I are corresponding. And yes, I am supporting a developer. I am supporting a developer who wants to help Windows users switch to the Mac, but feel reluctant to jump into something unfamiliar. Hence, Fast Commander.

So, welcome Windows users! Feel free to ask questions. I may know more about the Mac than you do,, but you know how to change your own motor oil and how to prepare a delicious dinner. Me. I pay for someone to change my oil and I’m lost without my microwave. So that keeps my arrogance in check.

Tom Briant

Editor, MacValley Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Archive