The MacValley blog

 

Welcome to the MacValley blog, your first stop for all the latest MacValley news and views.

 

Tom Briant

The MacValley blog

Editor: Tom Briant

 

Click here to email Tom

Click here for Tom's profile

 

 

To search the blog posts please use the box below

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Kicking Windows when it's down-uncharitable Sunday morning edition

As backstory, I own an HP printer/scanner/FAX/copy machine that sits atop my old 2-drawer file cabinet. I registered this device with HP. They took that as license to regularly send me (Weekly, Daily, Hourly) e-mails about their latest and greatest HP PCs. 

 

Such as this one. 

Screen Shot 2014 10 05 at 9 19 29 AM

 

I am not sure whether HP believes that Windows 8 is such a turkey that the promise of “preinstalled Windows 7” will pull in customers or whether they need to empty a warehouse of old merchandise. 

I wonder why HP doesn’t make a deal with Stardock to “pre-install” a couple of inexpensive Windows 8 utilities that fix Windows 8 most irritating problems. If you got stuck with a Windows 8 machine that lacks them, I recommend you go to Stardock and purchase for under $20 the utilities that will make your life easier to bear with Windows 8 or 8.1 I installed them myself at my own expense and they do the job.

Anyway, HP is having a sale  on HP PCs with Windows 7 already installed. Take advantage of it before 10/25/14, the last Saturday in October. 

 Tom Briant

Editor, MacValley Blog

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Archive