The MacValley blog

 

Welcome to the MacValley blog, your first stop for all the latest MacValley news and views.

 

Tom Briant

The MacValley blog

Editor: Tom Briant

 

Click here to email Tom

Click here for Tom's profile

 

 

To search the blog posts please use the box below

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The end of MacValley as a corporation and rebirth as a blog...

Ever since the MacValley board decided to end MacValley as a formal user group with monthly meetings and a newsletter, I’ve needed to write something for my world-wide readers.

Macvalley broke down for three reasons in my opinion.

The first was the Great Recession of 2008-? A lot of our members had to decide what optional expenses to cut. MacValley was one of them.

The second was an aversion to night driving. A lot of our membership doesn’t like to drive at night. I know as I advance in age, I prefer to drive in the daytime. As our meetings were scheduled at 7:30 PM on the first Wednesday of each month, a lot of members decided to forgo them.

The third was-surprise!-the Internet. A lot of our members and ex-members turned to the Internet for information. A lot of young Macintosh users never knew anything else but the Internet.

Which brings me to this blog and other on-line ventures. For right now, the blog will offer tips to new users and links to news articles. As for other on-line offerings, I will roll them out in the future. Right now, I work two jobs, one during the week and one on weekends.

Tom Briant

Editor, MacValley Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Archive