The MacValley blog

 

Welcome to the MacValley blog, your first stop for all the latest MacValley news and views.

 

Tom Briant

The MacValley blog

Editor: Tom Briant

 

Click here to email Tom

Click here for Tom's profile

 

 

To search the blog posts please use the box below

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is the Wait for Lion finally over?

Macworld reports that Tim Cook, Apple Executive, said that Lion would appear in the Mac App Store July 20th. He said it out loud and on the record.

So two things to say.

1. Your editor will not attempt to download Lion ASAP. He has only a 2006 MacBook Core Duo. He has to wait until next spring to buy a new Mac Mini.

2. So comment away on your experiences with Lion. Fill my in-box at thomasbriant@me.com with screenshots. Annotate them with the new features in Preview.

3. Regarding comments. I love them! But if you submit them during the day, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm; I won't get to post them until I get home from work. And my place of work seriously frowns on blogging from your work computer. And no, I don't have an iPhone to do this at my desk. But I'll have them up by 9:00 PM.

4. So let's hope that Lion really and truly comes out tomorrow. I hope Apple rented as much server and bandwidth as they could afford. And they have the kind of serious cash that talks in these kind of situations.


Tom Briant
Editor, MacValley Voice and associated media



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Archive