The MacValley blog

 

Welcome to the MacValley blog, your first stop for all the latest MacValley news and views.

 

Tom Briant

The MacValley blog

Editor: Tom Briant

 

Click here to email Tom

Click here for Tom's profile

 

 

To search the blog posts please use the box below

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Potpourri! Editor's thoughts on various issues and links to them

10 best word processors for the Mac. Macworld UK listed their selections for the best word processors for the Mac. I will add my own favorite, MacJournal by Mariner Software. It’s a simple editor allowing me to make daily entries that I can refer to later. I love it.

Apple Watch involved in Yankees-Red Sox argument. Apparently, the Red Sox used Apple Watches to steal the Yankee’s pitching signals.

Apple bidding for rights to James Bond franchise distribution. Apple wants to jumpstart its media business. I would just warn Tim to watch out for any executive who says, “But what I really want to do is direct…” And I’m going to ask my readers to nominate their favorite Apple executive, living or dead, as a Bond villain.

PSA-Zello is not really a walkie-talkie suitable for disaster areas! Don’t think you can use your iPhone as a stand-alone 2-way radio with just the right app! Not going to happen!

11 over-hyped tech items. Not everything needs to be digital and networked.

Best PC wireless keyboards As I’ve written before, you can use a PC keyboard with a Mac. This advice also applies to PC wireless keyboards. Even the media keys that let you stop and start a song and adjust the volume work the same with iTunes as they do with Windows Media Player.

Tom Briant

Editor, MacValley Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

Blog Archive